• Welcome to Traders & Investors Paradise.

Week ended 30th December: Calendar in the Bank Nifty

Started by Michael Gonsalves, Dec 25, 2021, 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Gonsalves

The fall in the ViX is a major problem with Calendars. My Bank Nifty Calendar is already bleeding because the ViX plunged immediately after I set it up. However, the position is safe because it is right in the middle of the tent. If it remains within the tent on expiry, I will get a positive outcome from the trade.

Michael Gonsalves

The steep plunge of 500+ points by the Bank Nifty in the morning and the dramatic recovery thereafter caused the ViX to spike up 6%. This benefited the Calendar and caused a MTM gain of about 1.5% of the capital. However, if the ViX cools down, the gains may evaporate into thin air.

Michael Gonsalves

I closed the Calendar for a handsome profit of Rs. 60,000. Though there was a lot of juice left in the Calendar, I decided that a more optimum situation would be to come closer to the spot.

Michael Gonsalves

I created a new Calendar with strike prices closer to the spot. To my good luck, that is also showing a good MTM profit at the EOD.

Michael Gonsalves

The market has remained in a very tight range. The ViX has also remained stable. The result is that the Calendar is sparkling with hefty MTM gains of Rs. 71000.